How to Care for your Horse Rug
Your WeatherBeeta rug may need cleaning from time to time - and certainly after each season.
While all WeatherBeeta rugs can be machine washed at home, this will depend on the capaity of your drum and machine specification. If you are in any doubt, we recommend you seek out the local services of a professional rug washing business to care for your rug.
To care for your rug at home:
1. Remove excess dirt, mud and hair from your rug
2. Remove all detergent build up from your detergent dispenser
3. Place your rug in a mesh wash bag to contain all the straps and buckles, protecting them from being damaged and protecting your machine
4. Machine wash your rug on a gentle delicate cycle using a mild soap or a reputable and recommended rug cleaning was such as Nikwax Rug Wash (always follow the manufacturers proofing instructions)
5. DO not use detergents or fabric conditioners as you risk compromising your WeatherBeeta's unique waterproof and breathable coating.
6. For best results, re-proof your rug too add durable repellency and revitalise breathability. Use a reputable and recommended rug proofer such as Nikwax Rug Proof (always follow the manufacturers proofing instructions)
7. Line dry your WeatherBeeta rug - do not tumble dry